Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pre-Lollapalooza 2008: Part II


Day 2 Tentative Schedule:
Hopefully, I'll have my bearings figured out and know the layout of the Lollapalooza grounds by Saturday morning. Day 2 doesn't pose as many conflicts as Day 1 and Day 3, but it will be nice to know if its actually possible to bounce from stage to stage. I hope to start the day by taking in sets by bands that I only know a few tracks by, like De Novo Dahl, Margot and the Nuclear So & Sos, and Does It Offend You, Yeah?. The Ting Tings will probably have a decent crowd before Mason Jennings captures my attention with his twangy, folk offerings. 3:30 at the Myspace Stage, MGMT is one of the most anticipated acts of the weekend (for me), and I'll be interested to see how their electro-funk music translates live. I'll check out Jamie Lidell's retro crooning, before going to the AT&T stage to see Chi-Town's finest, Lupe Fiasco. I'm probably 3 years overdue, from when I first wanted to see Lupe, but his strong catalog will have made it worth the wait. Day 2's headliners are much more interesting for me. I'll check out Wilco for Jeff Tweedy & company's legendary stage presence, but this will probably be my only opportunity to see Rage live and in-person. All of this will only further my anticipation for Day 3.

My Schedule

Lolla 2008: Day 2
1. De Novo Dahl - Shout
2. The Postelles - 123 Stop
3. Margot and the Nuclear So & Sos - Skeleton Key
4. Does It Offend You? Yeah - Epic Last Song
5. The Ting Tings - Shut Up and Let Me Go
6. Dr. Dog - Worst Trip
7. Foals - Balloons
8. Mason Jennings - Drinking As Religion
9. Mason Jennings - Memphis, TN
10. MGMT - Time to Pretend
11. MGMT - Electric Feel
12. Jamie Lidell - Wait For Me
13. Lupe Fiasco - Daydream
14. Lupe Fiasco - Superstar (acoustic) ft Matthew Santos
15. Serena Ryder - Brand New Love
16. Okkervil River - A Hand to Take Hold of the Scene
17. Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights
18. Wilco - Walken
19. Wilco - What Light
20. Rage Against the Machine - Killing In the Name
21. Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade

No comments: